16.3.12

Clinical Significance


SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 25, 2010


I can't properly take a blood pressure nor do I stay on a multi-tasking path. I've learned an incredible amount regarding social norms - essentially reigning myself in and public appropriateness.

I'm starting my first clinical hours, tomorrow, in a geriatric home. My task list includes 3 items: blood pressure, respiratory rate and heart rate. My 1-2-3 style seems lacking in organization and so I'm hoping that those more advanced in years won't notice my ragged attempts at assimilation.

Practical things elude me for their menial overtones. Ironically, my simplest joys stem from serving others. Perhaps, panning back my view of the insignificant will allow me to embrace what had no bearing, in my mind, to importance. Simply put, recognizing that everything counts.

Philosophy from a bedpan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home