16.3.12

Pending Paramedic Career


MONDAY, APRIL 26, 2010


Starting from scratch -- I'll be helping people. Barring the World War Nursing occupation and the folly of me learning, incessantly, without being unleashed upon the world; Paramedicine is my chosen career path.



My program is 52 weeks and at its completion I'll be heading into the Northern Wild Yonder -- Thunder Bay, Kapuskasing, Long Lac or the like. This is to work in Air Ambulance!

In February, I got accepted to private school. In March, I regularly worked out. In April, I prepared my living space for school. On the cusp of May, I'm counting down the days with double workouts, completing notes on the course's main textbook and organizing a food agenda so as not to de-rail all of my efforts thus far.

Taking CPR/First Aid, this past weekend, opened my eyes to how keen I really am! Sitting at the front of the class and helping my classmates while still charming my way into new friendships. In two weeks I'll be surrounded by 24 people that'll be family for the next year. I'm anticipating social gatherings with these strangers along with late night study vigils. Hopefully the strengths of each one will create a memorable year that allows for weaknesses to be covered.

I'll delight in the company of buff, tender-hearted and uniformed men. I'm hoping to lift weights with them -- I'll be the weakest link BUT that'll make ME stronger -- not that I'm competitive...

My ambition will keep me from failing. However, I'm in need of motivation to remain balanced. Planning ahead is gruelling for me. Sticking to a plan is torture! The rigorous schedule is incremented in half hours. This MAY allow for 10 minute windows (which add up, especially regarding procrastination).

Aside from regarding the "rule of the hour" ignoring my nephews is going to be hard. We've been weaning them slowly and I can see their occupation with other endeavours BUT over the next three to five years I'm gonna miss them. Granted, I've enjoyed every possible moment for their first five years of life and we dream/scheme together regarding the next five. When my sister and I were 10 and 11, respectively, we vacationed in England without our parents. Perhaps Seb & Nebs will get to visit me -- shorter flight at younger ages??

So, here I am. School starts in 14 days. I have good muscle definition, can crosstrain for 60 minutes on an elliptical machine and deadlift 165lbs once.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home