16.3.12

Elvira


FRIDAY, AUGUST 20, 2010


Elvira is an apt nickname for a character created nearly a decade ago.
My name, however, means sweet and pleasant. I'm on a journey to return to that sentiment.

I'm learning to communicate and to take notice of another's perspective -- like I'm reliving adolescence!
Often a painful process resulting in tears.

Recently, I've been thinking about wanderlust and adventure. I'm pondering what makes me tick, now, rather than what I wanted five (5) years ago. Some things never change - yet, priorities do and this may change the outcome.

I was reminded of my cryptic take on conversation which assumes one's understanding of me. I'm starting to see its selfishness. Instead, I can ask: What's in my patient's best interest? --> How will my listener best digest what I'm saying?

Running the risk of over-talking I try to speak in "internet/text" terms. Unfortunately, the shortcuts require explanations. Were I to find efficiency through filtering on the inside; I may succeed in speaking less.

This is a lesson that I'm struggling with.

Naomi = "enjoyment, pleasure, or gratification" in Hebrew / "honest, straight and beautiful" in Japanese

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home